Starbucks Iced White Chocolate Mocha
- An Iced White Chocolate Mocha is a Starbucks espresso beverage that combines rich white chocolate sauce, brewed espresso, milk and ice. The white mocha is topped with a generous swirl of sweetened whipped cream.
- A standard iced white mocha is made with Starbucks signature espresso which is a dark roast. However, you can order it with blonde (light roast) or decaf espresso instead.
- Starbucks white chocolate sauce contains sugar and condensed milk so it’s not possible to order a completely sugar-free or dairy-free iced white mocha.
- Customers love to customize white mochas. One popular secret menu drink is the TikTok Iced White Mocha which is an iced white mocha that’s topped with vanilla sweet cream cold foam and drizzled with buttery caramel sauce.
- Iced White Mocha ranks as one of the most popular iced coffee drinks at Starbucks, possibly only second to an Iced Caramel Macchiato.
What’s in an Iced White Mocha
A regular Starbucks Iced White Mocha has five ingredients:
- White Chocolate Mocha Sauce
- Brewed Espresso
- 2% Milk
- Whipped Cream
Starbucks line-up of mocha beverages are basically lattes with chocolate sauce in them and whipped cream on top.
The two main flavors of mochas are dark chocolate and white chocolate.
Additionally, the Starbucks holiday drink menu almost always offers toasted white chocolate mochas. The flavor reminds me of yummy toasted marshallows.
Can’t get enough of iced white mochas? If you have an espresso machine, it’s actually easy to make a copycat Starbucks iced white mocha or white mocha with steamed milk at home.
All Starbucks iced espresso beverages, including an iced white mocha, are available to order in three sizes: 12-ounce tall, 16-ounce grande and 24-ounce venti.
Iced white mocha is not sold in the trenta size cup.
Since the white mocha is topped with whipped cream, it’s served in a Starbucks cold cup with a bubble lid and straw.
Want to know more about Starbucks sizes? Here’s a look at every Starbucks cup size.
Caffeine in Iced White Chocolate Mocha:
- Tall (12 fluid ounces): 75mg
- Grande (16 fluid ounces): 150mg
- Venti (24 fluid ounces): 225mg
All the caffeine in a white mocha comes from the brewed espresso.
The amount of caffeine in the drink depends on two things—the roast of the coffee beans used to make the espresso shots and the total number of shots in the drink.
For instance, an iced white mocha is made with dark roast espresso which has approximately 75 milligrams of caffeine per shot.
A tall iced white mocha is made with 1 shot of espresso and the drink contains a total of 75 milligrams of caffeine.
An iced grande gets 2 shots and has 150 milligrams and an iced venti gets 3 shots for a total of 225 milligrams.
There is no doubt, white mocha beverages are rich, creamy and decadent and have the calories to prove it!
Tall, grande and venti iced white mochas have 310, 420 and 560 calories respectively.
If you’re looking for ways to reduce the calories, you could leave off the whipped cream. Starbucks whipped cream adds at least 100 calories to the drink.
Iced White Mocha Ordering Options
Increase the Caffeine: If you want to get a little more pep in your step, there are two ways to boost the amount of caffeine in an iced white chocolate mocha.
First, you can substitute the standard dark roast espresso with blonde.
Each shot of blonde has about 85 milligrams of caffeine which is an additional 10 milligrams per shot compared to dark roast. In total, a venti iced blonde white chocolate mocha made with three shots has 255 milligrams of caffeine.
Another way to make an iced white mocha a contender for most caffeinated Starbucks drink is to add extra shots of espresso. There is a charge for each extra shot, but you can use Rewards Stars towards customizations.
Reduce the Dairy: White chocolate mocha sauce at Starbucks contains condensed skim milk so you cannot order a dairy-free white mocha.
In addition, Starbucks does not guarantee that any drink is non-dairy due to shared equipment.
However, if you want to reduce the amount of dairy in an iced white mocha, you can substitute the 2% milk with oat, soy, coconut or almond milk. Additionally, leave off the whipped cream.
Add a Drizzle of Caramel: White chocolate sauce goes so well with other flavors.
One popular combination is to add a drizzle of caramel to an iced white mocha. What’s not to love about a decadent caramel Starbucks drink?
The drizzle can go on top of the whipped cream or lining the cup. Either way, it’s delicious.
Questions You May Have
White mocha is just a shorter way of ordering a Starbucks Iced White Chocolate Mocha. They are the same thing.
Venti iced drinks at Starbucks are 24 fluid ounces and made with 3 shots of espresso, whereas venti hot drinks are 20 fluid ounces and made with 2 shots. This means an iced venti drink has more brewed espresso and more caffeine compared to its hot counterpart.