Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
- Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew is a pumpkin spice iced coffee drink at Starbucks. It’s sweetened and flavored with vanilla syrup, and topped with a decadent layer of pumpkin cream cold foam and pumpkin spice topping.
- The base drink in Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew is Starbucks slow-brewed, cold coffee which is caffeinated. The amount of caffeine ranges from 145 milligrams in a 12-ounce tall size, up to 315 milligrams in a 30-ounce trenta.
- Can’t decide between a Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew and an Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte? Overall, a pumpkin cold brew has fewer calories and more caffeine than a pumpkin latte. Here’s a closer look of an Iced PSL vs. Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew.
- Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew is the newest addition to the line-up of pumpkin drinks at Starbucks. It was added to the official menu in 2020 and its sales have surpassed the wildly popular Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte. (It’s that good!)
- In addition to cold brew, Starbucks has espresso-based pumpkin iced coffee drinks.
What’s in a Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
A Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew from Starbucks has three main components.
- Cold Brew Coffee Sweetened with Vanilla Syrup
- Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam
- Pumpkin Spice Topping
Cold Brew Coffee Sweetened with Vanilla Syrup
The base of a Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew is Starbucks cold brew coffee. The cold brew is sweetened and flavored with vanilla syrup. In fact, the base of this drink is the same as a Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew. Since the vanilla syrup is added when the barista puts together a customer’s order, it can easily be substituted with another flavor if desired.
Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam
Pumpkin cream cold foam is a mix of heavy cream, milk, vanilla syrup and pumpkin spice sauce that’s blended into a decadent creamy topping. It’s the same thing as Starbucks vanilla sweet cream cold foam but it has pumpkin spice sauce added in it.
Love pumpkin cream? Here’s my super easy pumpkin cream cold foam recipe.
Pumpkin Spice Topping
Starbucks pumpkin spice topping is simply a mixture of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves that’s dusted on top of all Starbucks pumpkin drinks. It’s sugar-free and calorie-free.
Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew comes in four sizes: 12-ounce tall, 16-ounce grande, 24-ounce venti and 30-ounce trenta.
The drink is served in a clear Starbucks cold cup. It has a sippable lid specifically designed with a large opening for cold foam beverages.
Make note, iced espresso-based drinks like the Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte do not come in trenta size.
Confused by Starbucks sizes? Here’s a look at every Starbucks cup size.
The amount of caffeine in Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew from Starbucks depends on two factors: the size drink you order and how much ice is added to it.
In the case of pumpkin cold brew, a larger size drink or ordering it with light ice means more caffeine.
Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew Caffeine Content by Size:
- Tall (12 fluid ounces): 145mg
- Grande (16 fluid ounces): 185mg
- Venti (24 fluid ounces): 275mg
- Trenta (31 fluid ounces): 315mg
If you’re in need of a jolt of caffeine and are trying decide between this drink and an Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte, opt for the cold brew. Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew has quite a bit more caffeine than pumpkin espresso beverages.
For example, a tall Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew has almost double the caffeine of a tall Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte that’s made with one shot of espresso.
And a grande pumpkin cold brew has nearly 25% more caffeine than a grande Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte that’s made with two shots of espresso.
This is because cold brew coffee is one of the most caffeinated drinks at Starbucks.
It’s brewed cold for 20 hours so more caffeine is extracted compared to coffee that’s brewed quickly using the heat method. For more details, here’s a comparison of Starbucks cold brew and regular iced coffee.
Tall, grande, venti and trenta pumpkin cream cold brews have 140, 185, 275 and 315 calories respectively.
Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew Ordering Options
Nitro Cold Brew: Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew is made with regular cold brew coffee but you can substitute it with nitro cold brew if desired. Nitro cold brew is served unsweetened and without ice. It’s infused with nitro gas and all those tiny bubbles create a smooth and very cold beverage.
Sugar-free Vanilla Syrup: If you want to reduce the calories in this seasonal drink, one option is to order it without the vanilla syrup in the drink. Keep in mind, it’s not possible to remove or swap the vanilla syrup that’s in the cold foam.
To reduce the sugar content, substitute vanilla syrup in the drink with sugar-free vanilla syrup or another sugar-free sweetener.
Questions You May Have
Pumpkin spice drinks return to the Starbucks menu every August near the end of the month. Pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin cream cold brew and any drink made with pumpkin sauce, are available throughout the fall season.
Starbucks does not make decaf cold brew. If you want a pumpkin flavored decaf Starbucks drink, order a hot or iced pumpkin spice latte made with decaf espresso.