This copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew recipe combines two Starbucks favorites—iced vanilla cold brew coffee and pumpkin sweet cream topping.
For even more fall flavor, each Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew is dusted with pumpkin spices.
As you can imagine, each caffeinated sip is the perfect balance of smooth cold brew, creamy pumpkin and warm spices.
What I love about this copycat Starbucks recipe is that it’s really quick and easy to put together. Not to mention, it’s an absolutely delicious way to enjoy all the flavor of pumpkin spice and cold brew coffee right in your own kitchen.
If you eagerly anticipate the arrival of Starbucks pumpkin drinks every August, but still want to enjoy an iced coffee, then this at-home recipe is the perfect option.
In this DIY Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew recipe I show you how to layer on the pumpkin and make this drink just like Starbucks.
RELATED RECIPE: Homemade Brown Sugar Shaken Espresso with Pumpkin Cold Foam
Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew: Recipe Overview
- Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew is a seasonal Starbucks coffee drink that’s topped with a layer of sweet pumpkin cream and spices.
- Just like the real Starbucks drink, the cold brew coffee in this recipe is sweetened with vanilla flavored syrup. My preference is use unsweetened Starbucks Cold Brew sold in bottles at the grocery store. You can also make homemade cold brew, but you need to plan ahead since the brewing time is lengthy.
- The secret to this Starbucks copycat drink is to make fluffy cream that floats on top of the cold brew drink. You can see how to do that with my multiple-serving recipe for homemade pumpkin cream foam. However, in this drink recipe I show you how to make just enough topping for an individual beverage. The choice is yours.
- This recipe makes the equivalent of a 16 ounce, grande Starbucks beverage.
Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew Ingredients
A homemade version of Starbucks popular Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew drink is fairly to easy to recreate.
To make it super simple, I use store-bought cold brew coffee, vanilla coffee syrup and pumpkin pie spice. And the pumpkin foam is easy to whip up with just a few ingredients.
Additionally, you need an electric milk frother or handheld one, and a jar with tight-fitting lid to aerate the pumpkin cream topping.
To see how Starbucks make this drink, here’s the order the barista adds the ingredients to the cup.
- Vanilla Syrup
- Cold Brew Coffee
- Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam (Mixture of Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Foam and Pumpkin Spice Syrup)
- Pumpkin Spice Topping
- Vanilla Syrup: For the syrup you can make homemade vanilla syrup or buy a bottle of vanilla coffee syrup. Or you can get a bottle Starbucks vanilla syrup from Amazon or possibly from a barista—if they have an extra bottle to sell.
- Cold Brew Coffee: All Starbucks cold brew drinks are made from slowly-brewed coffee. For this drink, you can make homemade cold brew coffee, but I suggest buying a bottle of Starbucks Cold Brew coffee. They also sell cold brew concentrate which comes in individual servings or pitcher packs. You can also use the same cold brew to make a Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew or Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew.
- Ice: For best results use ice made with filtered water. I recommend this Brita water filter pitcher if you need filtered water and ice for drinks.
- Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam: Starbucks pumpkin cream topping is simply vanilla sweet cream cold foam with a few pumps of pumpkin spice sauce added to it. Luckily, it’s easy enough to make homemade pumpkin cream cold foam with just a few ingredients from the store. Then all you have to do is aerate it to achieve its creamy consistency.
- Pumpkin Spice Topping: Starbucks pumpkin spice topping is a blend of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. All you need to get is a small jar of pumpkin pie spice from the spice aisle. Or, if you have the individual spices on-hand, here’s how to mix up your own pumpkin pie spice.
Steps to Make this Pumpkin Drink
To make a Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew drink at home, add vanilla syrup to ready-made cold brew coffee in a glass filled with ice. Top the drink with a layer of homemade pumpkin-flavored sweet cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon, nutmeg and other pumpkin pie spices.
Here’s a look at each step in more detail.
Step 1: Combine Cold Brew, Syrup and Ice
This recipe makes a 16 ounce drink. Therefore, add the cold brew coffee, vanilla syrup and ice to a glass that’s at least 16 ounces. Leave enough space at the top for the pumpkin cream topping.
Step 2: Make the Pumpkin Cream Topping
Here’s my larger-batch recipe for homemade pumpkin cream cold foam. It yields enough to top at least four drinks. The idea is to make a jar of pumpkin creamer to keep in the fridge. Then, whip some up into cold foam as needed. If you don’t want to make a large quantity of cream, the drink recipe below shows how to make just enough topping for a single drink.
To get the cold foam consistency like Starbucks, first I vigorously shake the creamer in a cold jar and then I froth it up even more using a handheld or electric milk frother.
Step 3: Sprinkle on Pumpkin Pie Spice
And for the finishing touch, put a dusting of pumpkin pie spice on top of the foam. Give your homemade fall-flavored coffee a stir and enjoy!
Questions You May Have
Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew drink contains dairy. The pumpkin cream topping contains heavy cream, low-fat milk and sweetened condensed milk. In fact, all Starbucks pumpkin drinks contain dairy since one of the ingredients in their pumpkin spice sauce is sweetened condensed milk.
Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew is on the 2021 fall menu. This drink was introduced in 2019 and by the 2020 fall season, Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew sales surpassed the famed Pumpkin Spice Latte. So my guess is, this drink will always be on the menu. However, as long as Starbucks stocks pumpkin spice syrup, then baristas can make this drink whether or not it’s listed on the menu.
The Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew drink is cold brew coffee flavored with vanilla syrup over ice. The drink is topped with pumpkin cream cold foam and dusted with pumpkin spice topping (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves). Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew contains caffeine, dairy and sugar.
More Starbucks Pumpkin and Drink Recipes
- 15 Absolutely Delicious Starbucks Pumpkin Drinks
- 10 Tips for Ordering a Pumpkin Starbucks Drink with Customizations
- Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew: Caffeine, Sizes & What’s in It
- How to Make Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam
- Easy Pumpkin Spice Syrup Recipe
- Starbucks Cinnamon Drinks
For the Pumpkin Cream (single serving)
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons 2% reduced fat milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla syrup
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- pumpkin pie spice
For the Cold Brew
- 2 tablespoons vanilla syrup
- 1 cup cold brew coffee
- 1/2 cup ice, preferably filtered
To Make a Single Serving of Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam
- Combine all the ingredients except the pumpkin pie spice in a jar with lid and shake really well for at least a minute. Alternatively, you can substitute 3 tablespoons of homemade pumpkin spice syrup for the vanilla, pumpkin puree, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- To make the cream thicker if desired, use an electric or handheld milk frother. The pumpkin cream should be about the consistency of very melted ice cream.
To Make Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew Drink
- Combine cold brew coffee, vanilla syrup and ice in a glass at least 16 ounces.
- Top the cold brew coffee with pumpkin cream. To make it float on top, pour slowly and directly onto an ice cube.
- Sprinkle pumpkin pie spice on top. Stir if desired and enjoy.
- Tip: To make a really creamy Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew drink, use very cold ingredients to make the pumpkin cream.
- Use Starbucks cold brew coffee or your favorite brand. If you make homemade cold brew coffee, just note that it takes at least 12 hours to brew.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 16 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 355Total Fat: 20gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 21mgCarbohydrates: 41gSugar: 39g