Starbucks TikTok Iced White Mocha with Sweet Cream Foam & Caramel Drizzle
See how to make a copycat TikTok Starbucks Iced White Mocha at home with this easy and delicious recipe that’s been taste-tested by a barista.
Creating this popular drink is as simple as making an iced white mocha and topping it with vanilla sweet cream foam and caramel drizzle.
At Starbucks, a customized iced white mocha with sweet cream foam and extra caramel drizzle costs around $8 for a 16-ounce grande
While I’m all for treating yourself at Starbucks, this recipe will certainly save you time and money.
Plus, you can enjoy a creamy iced white mocha drizzled in caramel whenever you want.
- This copycat recipe makes the equivalent of a grande size Starbucks drink.
- This is an iced espresso drink so you need either an espresso machine or Nespresso to make it at home.
- Unlike a regular Starbucks iced white mocha topped with sweetened whipped cream, this version is topped with homemade vanilla sweet cream cold foam. My recipe for it uses the exact same ingredients and measurements as Starbucks (thanks to my barista daughter).
What I love about making copycat Starbucks drinks at home, is that it’s easy to do with just a few ingredients.
However, this homemade TikTok Iced White Mocha with sweet cream and caramel drizzle recipe has a lot going on, so it has about eight ingredients.
Here’s what you need.
White Mocha Sauce: If you plan on making a lot of homemade white mochas, you can splurge and get this big container of Fontana white mocha sauce. It’s what Starbucks uses.
Otherwise, get a store-bought sauce like my favorite Torani White Chocolate Sauce.
Caramel Drizzle: For the caramel drizzle you want to get a gooey caramel sauce like the kind you drizzle on ice cream.
My favorite is Ghirardelli Caramel. You can also use it to make a copycat Starbucks Iced Caramel Macchiato.
Espresso: I like to use dark espresso for this drink like these Starbucks espresso beans. If you collect Starbucks stars for free coffee, be sure buy and it from a Starbucks store to earn lots of stars.
If you have a Nespresso machine, use Starbucks dark roast espresso capsules.
Milk and Cream: This recipe calls for three types of milk. Two-percent reduced-fat milk goes in the drink. And non-fat milk and heavy cream are used to make the vanilla sweet cream topping. However, you can substitute the non-fat with reduced-fat since it’s such a small amount.
Vanilla Syrup: This adds sweetness and flavor to the sweet cream cold foam topping. You can buy a bottle from a barista if they have an extra to sell. Otherwise, you can get a bottle of Starbucks vanilla syrup online or make homemade vanilla syrup.
Ice: Don’t forget to use filtered ice cubes like Starbucks. You can make them by filtering water with a Brita filter pitcher.
As you can tell from its name, an iced white mocha with sweet cold foam and caramel drizzle has three components.
Here’s how to make each component and layer the drink.
Whisk the vanilla sweet cream cold foam. Combine the vanilla syrup, heavy cream and non-fat milk and whisk or blend until it forms a loose and fluffy topping. You can also aerate it in an electric milk frother. Set aside.
Make the iced white mocha. Add white mocha sauce and shots of brewed espresso to a glass. Stir well to combine, then add milk. Fill the glass with ice nearly to the top.
Add drink toppings. Slowly pour vanilla sweet cream cold foam on top of the iced white mocha, then drizzle caramel sauce on top. For even more caramel, line the inside of the cup with caramel drizzle before making the mocha part of the drink.
Steps to Assemble the Iced White Mocha, Sweet Cream Foam and Caramel Drizzle
Detailed recipe and instructions are in recipe card at bottom of post.
1. Add white mocha sauce to cup.
Use a cup that’s has at least a 16-ounce capacity.
2. Line the cup with caramel drizzle.
You can skip this step if you only want caramel drizzle on top of the sweet cream cold foam.
3. Pour brewed espresso over sauce.
It’s best to stir the espresso and white mocha sauce to combine.
4. Pour in cold milk.
Add the cold milk quickly after the espresso so the caramel drizzle gets cold and stays in place.
5. Add ice cubes.
Add a large scoop of ice cubes into the white mocha, leaving space for the foam.
6. Pour vanilla sweet cream foam on top of iced white mocha.
Layer the thickened sweet cream on top of the ice. Be sure to pour slowly.
7. Top with more caramel drizzle, if desired.
The final step is to add caramel drizzle on top of the iced white mocha with cold foam.
Tips from a Barista
Brewed Espresso: For beginners, it’s easiest to make espresso at home with a Nespresso. It certainly takes away the need to grind, measure and pull perfect shots.
If you do have an espresso machine like my Breville Express, you want to work quickly and use the shots as soon as they’re pulled to avoid dead shots.
Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Foam: This topping option at Starbucks is made with heavy cream and vanilla syrup just like the whipped cream. It also contains a little bit of non-fat milk and is aerated in a special blender to thicken it to a melted ice cream consistency.
The key to making it at home, is add a little milk like Starbucks does, and stop whisking before it gets too thick like whipped cream.
I’ve done a lot of experimentation, and you really want to make sure the ingredients, bowl and utensils are nice and cold before whisking or blending.
Layering the Drink: For an irresistible layered-look, pour the vanilla sweet cream slowly onto an ice cube. This way you’ll get a nice pillowy cloud of sweet cold foam layered on top of the iced white mocha.
Finally, squeeze on the caramel drizzle in a crosshatch pattern like Starbucks.
- Starbucks Iced White Mocha (Including Caffeine Content)
- TikTok Starbucks Iced White Mocha: How to Order this Secret Menu Drink
- How to Order TikTok Starbucks Drinks Like a Pro
Iced White Mocha with Sweet Cream Foam & Caramel
See how to make an iced white mocha topped with sweet cream foam and caramel drizzle at home just like a barista. This Starbucks copycat recipe for the TikTok iced white mocha is easy to assemble and oh so sweet to sip.
For the Sweet Cream Foam Topping
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons vanilla syrup
For the Iced White Mocha Drink
- 4 tablespoons white chocolate sauce
- 2 ounces brewed espresso
- 1 1/4 cups reduced-fat milk
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1/2 cup sweet cream cold foam
- 1-2 tablespoons caramel sauce, to drizzle
Make the Sweet Cream Cold Foam Topping
- Combine the heavy cream, milk and vanilla syrup in a jar that's been chilled. Put the lid on and shake vigorously.
- Set the jar in the freezer for just a few minutes. Remove from freezer, shake again, then pour into a electric frother and aerate it on the cold setting. Otherwise, use a handheld frother.
Assemble the Iced White Mocha Drink
- Assemble the iced white mocha with sweet cold foam and caramel in a 16-ounce cup.
- Add white chocolate sauce to the bottom of the cup. Line the cup with caramel drizzle if desired.
- Pour brewed espresso over the sauce and stir well to combine.
- Add milk to cup, followed by ice cubes.
- Slowly pour vanilla sweet cream foam on top of the iced white mocha. Add caramel drizzle on top, if desired.