Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte
A Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte is a classic espresso drink that combines brewed espresso, sweet cinnamon syrup and steamed milk. Starbucks tops this coffeehouse classic with sweetened whipped cream and cinnamon sugar sprinkles.
Cinnamon dolce translates to “sweet cinnamon” in Italian and that’s exactly what this latte tastes like.
If you’re looking for a cinnamon fix, this popular cinnamon drink at Starbucks has it all.
It begins with cinnamon flavoring in the drink and is finished with a dusting of cinnamon sugar on top.
What I love is that it’s just as easy to make a copycat Cinnamon Dolce Latte at home as it is to order one from Starbucks.
- This recipe makes the equivalent of a grande size Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte. The latte should be prepared in a 16-ounce mug.
- A Cinnamon Dolce Latte is quick and easy to make since it’s simply a regular latte that is flavored with cinnamon syrup. For a true Starbucks copycat, be sure to top it off with a dollop of whipped cream.
- To make this latte at home you need to make brewed espresso. If you don’t have an espresso machine you can use a Nespresso.
- Starbucks makes this latte with dark roast espresso and 2% milk, but you can substitute the type of espresso and milk as desired.
- This recipe is easily adapted to other flavored lattes such as a pumpkin spice latte.
- For a non-coffee version of this drink, make a Cinnamon Dolce Crème.
A cinnamon dolce latte has two components, the cinnamon flavored coffee and the toppings.
Here’s everything you need to make a cinnamon dolce latte in your own kitchen.
Cinnamon Dolce Syrup: For a true cinnamon dolce latte, get a bottle of Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce syrup. If you prefer you can make cinnamon syrup at home with this copycat Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce syrup recipe.
Brewed Espresso: Cinnamon Dolce lattes at Starbucks are made with their signature dark roast espresso.
To earn rewards stars towards free Starbucks coffee, I buy the beans from a Starbucks store.
If you’re using a Nespresso, get Starbucks dark espresso roast capsules.
Steamed Milk: A Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte is made with steamed 2% milk. You can steam and froth the milk at home with the steam wand on an espresso machine, an electric milk frother like this one from Breville, or warm up some milk and aerate it with a handheld frother.
Whipped Cream: To make whipped cream just like Starbucks, you need heavy cream and vanilla syrup. If you don’t have vanilla syrup on-hand, feel free to substitute it with the cinnamon syrup.
All you have to do is whip the cream and syrup together with a blender.
Cinnamon Dolce Sprinkles: Starbucks cinnamon dolce topping is a mix of sugar, cinnamon and salt. For the sugar I recommend using regular cane sugar.
Cinnamon Dolce Latte Instructions
Detailed recipe and instructions are in recipe card at bottom of post.
- Blend vanilla syrup and heavy cream until stiff peaks form to make the whipped cream. Set aside. You can also make it with a whipped cream canister and chargers like Starbucks.
- Combine sugars, cinnamon, vanilla extract and water in a saucepan to make the cinnamon dolce syrup. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool and thicken. Skip this step if you have a store-bought bottle of cinnamon dolce coffee syrup.
- For the topping, stir together sugar, cinnamon and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Set aside. Multiply the recipe for more than one latte.
- Add cinnamon dolce syrup and brewed espresso followed by steamed milk to make the latte. Be sure to make this grande copycat cinnamon dolce latte in a mug that’s 16 ounces or larger.
- Add a topping of whipped cream and sprinkle on the cinnamon sugar. Toppings are optional, but certainly recommended to make every sip creamy and cinnamon-filled.
Questions You May Have
A cinnamon dolce latte at Starbucks is made with brewed espresso and contains caffeine. Specifically, a short and tall lattes have 75 milligrams of caffeine and grande and venti sizes have 150 milligrams.
A Starbucks cinnamon dolce latte is made with dark roast espresso. However, you can ask for blonde roast or decaf instead. If you want a totally caffeine-free cinnamon dolce latte, order a Cinnamon Dolce Crème. It is simply steamed milk combined with cinnamon dolce syrup without espresso.
- Starbucks Iced Blonde Vanilla Latte Recipe
- Easy Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
- How to Make a White Chocolate Mocha like Starbucks
- How to Make a Maple Latte with Real Maple Syrup
Cinnamon Dolce Syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cinnamon Dolce Sprinkles
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup vanilla syrup
Cinnamon Dolce Latte
- 4 tablespoons cinnamon dolce syrup
- 2 ounces brewed espresso
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat milk
- Whipped cream to garnish
- Cinnamon sugar to garnish
To Make the Cinnamon Dolce Syrup
- Combine both sugars and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Once sugars have dissolved, stir in the vanilla extract and cinnamon. Simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Set aside to cool.
To Make the Cinnamon Dolce Sprinkles Topping
- Combine cinnamon, sugar and salt in a small bowl.
- Stir to combine. Set aside.
To Make the Whipped Cream
- Blend heavy cream and vanilla syrup until stiff peaks form. You can use a whipper canister and charger.
- Set aside.
To Make a Cinnamon Dolce Latte
- Add cinnamon dolce syrup to a 16 ounce cup. Pour espresso shots over syrup.
- Steam milk with a steam wand or milk frother until it nearly doubles in volume. Pour milk and a little foam into latte.
- Top the latte with whipped cream. Sprinkle cinnamon dolce sugar sprinkles on top.
- I like to make the cinnamon dolce syrup in advance so it really thickens up. This recipe makes about 3/4 cup of syrup which is enough for about 3 cinnamon dolce lattes.
- Starbucks makes this latte with 2 shots of dark roast espresso but you can use a light, medium or decaf roast if preferred. If you're making the espresso with a Nespresso machine, use 2 capsules or a double espresso capsule, depending on your machine.
- To steam milk with a steam wand on an espresso machine, aerate the milk with the tip of the wand then bring it to about 160℉.
- You can also make this latte with bottled cinnamon dolce syrup and store-bought whipped cream, if preferred.