- Starbucks Iced Blonde Vanilla Latte is an iced vanilla latte made with blonde roast espresso, vanilla syrup, chilled milk and ice.
- This recipe recreates an Iced Starbucks Blonde Vanilla Latte by using similar ingredients and proportions to the real Starbucks drink, with tips provided by a barista.
- Like all Starbucks espresso drinks, this iced latte recipe is made with espresso (not drip-brewed coffee) so you need an espresso machine or a Nespresso.
- Since this is an iced latte, the milk is not steamed; therefore, a steam wand or milk frother is not necessary.
- This recipe makes the equivalent of a grande Starbucks cold drink which is 16 ounces.
RELATED RECIPE: Quick & Easy Vanilla Iced Coffee (Starbucks Copycat)
To make a homemade blonde iced vanilla latte taste as close as possible to a true Starbucks drink, be sure to make the espresso with light roast coffee.
Blonde roast has a sweeter, smoother feel compared to dark roast, and pairs perfectly with vanilla.
In addition, blonde roast is slightly more caffeinated (if that matters to you).
Amount of Espresso & Syrup
It’s also important to use similar proportions of syrup, espresso and milk as Starbucks.
Since this drink is an espresso-based, cold beverage it comes in the following Starbucks cup sizes: tall (12 fl. oz.), grande (16 fl. oz.), and venti cold (24 fl. oz.)
Here’s how many shots of espresso and pumps of syrup the barista adds to the cup when making an iced blonde vanilla latte.
Tall Iced Blonde Vanilla Latte
Shots of Blonde Espresso: 1
Pumps of Vanilla Syrup: 3
Grande Iced Blonde Vanilla Latte
Shots of Blonde Espresso: 2
Pumps of Vanilla Syrup: 4
Venti Iced Blonde Vanilla Latte
Shots of Blonde Espresso: 3
Pumps of Vanilla Syrup: 6
BARISTA TIP: One regular size pump of Starbucks syrup equals about 1/2 tablespoon.
The Order to Add Ingredients to Cup
- Vanilla syrup or sugar-free vanilla syrup is pumped directly into the cup.
- Shot(s) of espresso are pulled from the machine and then poured over the syrup.
- Milk is poured into the cup to the third black line.
- A scoop of ice tops off the iced latte.
These are the ingredients you need to make this vanilla latte at home.
Blonde Roast Espresso: For a drink as close as possible to Starbucks, I recommend using Starbucks Blonde Espresso Roast.
For Nespresso Vertuo machines get Starbucks Veranda Blend Vertuo capsules.
For the original line of Nespresso machines get the Starbucks Blonde Espresso Roast original capsules.
Vanilla Syrup: Homemade vanilla syrup is easy to make with three ingredients and is very cost effective.
You can also buy Starbucks vanilla syrup from the barista IF they have enough in stock. It costs around $12-14 depending on the location. Otherwise, you can order Starbucks vanilla syrup or sugar-free vanilla syrup online.
Milk: The standard milk Starbucks uses for iced lattes is 2% milk. You can substitute this with your preferred dairy milk or plant-based milk, if desired.
Filtered Ice: Starbucks ice is made with triple-filtered water giving it an exceptionally crisp taste. To make filtered ice at home, you can use a Brita water filter pitcher.
Now that you’ve seen exactly how Starbucks makes an Iced Blonde Vanilla Latte, here are the steps I use to make the same drink at home.
Steps to Make an Iced Blonde Vanilla Latte
Detailed recipe and instructions are in recipe card at bottom of post.
- Add vanilla syrup to a 16 ounce cup.
- Pour two shots of blonde espresso over the syrup.
- Add cold milk.
- Fill with ice to the top.
Questions You May Have
Starbucks sells small bottles of vanilla syrup in major stores. To get a large bottle of Starbucks syrup like the baristas use, you may be able to buy one from the barista along with a pump, if they have enough stock on-hand. This is the best option since it only costs around $14, depending on location. You can also buy bottles of genuine Starbucks syrup online. Finally, Fontana brand makes Starbucks syrup, and is also available online.
Skinny Starbucks drinks are made with sugar-free vanilla syrup and typically, non-fat milk. To make a skinny iced vanilla latte at home, you will need to buy a bottle of sugar-free vanilla syrup. Otherwise, you can flavor your latte with vanilla extract and use a sugar substitute to add sweetness.
- 15 Starbucks Vanilla Drinks: Menu Favorites & More
- Starbucks Lattes: Flavors & Ordering Options
- Starbucks Vanilla Bean Coconutmilk Latte (Yes, You Can Still Get It!)
- Quick & Easy Vanilla Iced Coffee (Starbucks Copycat)
- Easy Starbucks Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew Recipe
- How to Make Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Foam
- 2 ounces blonde roast espresso
- 2 tablespoons vanilla syrup
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup ice
- Add vanilla syrup to a 16 ounce cup.
- Pour blonde espresso shots over syrup. Make espresso using Starbucks blonde roast coffee beans. For Nespresso machines, use two Starbucks blonde roast Nespresso capsules.
- Add cold milk.
- Fill with ice. Use ice made with filtered water for the best taste.
- The Starbucks recipe card for an iced blonde vanilla latte calls for 2% milk, but you can substitute with any milk you prefer.
- Use a 16-ounce cup to make a grande size iced blonde vanilla latte at home.
- To make the equivalent of a tall iced latte, use 1 shot of espresso and 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla syrup.
- To make the equivalent of a venti iced vanilla latte, use 3 shots of espresso and 5-6 tablespoons vanilla syrup (about 1/3 cup).
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 16 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 120mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 0gSugar: 50gProtein: 8g